More and more people are now crazy to have hair-free skin. This is possible. They are more beauty conscious and aware of physical grooming. This awareness is hooking them to hair removal treatments and devices.
The market size of laser hair reduction and removal treatment in Gold Coast or any other part of Australia is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% by 2028, according to a reliable source.
Isn’t it amazing? (Certainly, yes) People love to have permanent hair removal with laser treatments.
Let’s get through how it works.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
This treatment involves laser beams that are focused on hair follicles. These beams love pigmented hair. This is why having black or pigmented hair is an ideal condition to go for this treatment. However, it works on other hair colors also. But, the results may not be desirable.
The focused laser beams damage hair follicles located just below your skin. It retards hair re-growth. Destroying follicles disables hair production from the chest, back, shoulders, neck, bikini line, and face.
Possibly, all hair won’t go off. But over time, their appearance minimises. Some hair themselves shed within a few days of the first laser hair treatment. It’s really quick when it comes to removing hair from the upper lips, chest, or any other body part. Hardly one hour is required for this procedure. It is to note that all hair strands do not fall together. Over a week, they fall off.
Despite these advantages, this is also a fact that hair follicles may heal. If so happens, the new hair will start growing. This is why doctors recommend multiple sessions.
This is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment. Many of the patients see no side effects. The only thing that is a concern is sensitivity. With best practices and safety measures, this risk can be minimised. The patient can see sunburned skin that gets healed in a few days.
Following the certified doctor’s instructions can help quick healing and minimize any side effects.
What to Do and Not to Do During Laser Hair Removal
Here are a few dos and don’ts for the patients to consider seriously. Ensure to follow these aftercare tips to get the best results.
- Don’t stay under the sun without applying the prescribed sunscreen. However, the first 7 to 10 days after the treatment are crucial. But, having a shield of SPF 50 or any recommended one can help you to have healthy and undamaged skin forever. It prevents irritation from the UV rays, which makes removing hair with lasers complicated.
- The procedure makes you feel like mild sunburn on the treated area. Your surface turns slightly reddish and swollen. These are temporary side effects that are very much manageable. You may apply ice packs and aloe vera gel that provide a soothing sensation to your sensitive skin.
- Tanning products are certainly likable in European countries, especially. Say a big “no” to these products for at least 7-10 days after this laser hair removal. These products carry chemicals that can badly damage your skin.
- Athletes and people in snowy areas often prefer a hot bath. It should be avoided to keep your skin blister-free. You may take a cool shower right after the treatment in summer. If it’s winter, prefer lukewarm water to hot water after it. It can speed up the healing of swollen skin and redness. In case the blistering happens, call the doctor immediately. He will recommend healing antibiotic ointment to apply to them until they healed. This is why you must follow the aftercare advice.
- Like a hot water bath, sunbathing, hot temperature, steaming, and exercising can adversely impact your texture. It can be changed, irritated, infected, or discolored by excessive heat. If you are a big fan of tanning beds, you prefer to stay away from them. They may turn out to be a scary experience. You may get scars or permanent pigmentation on your surface. Exercises can also increase your body temperature, irritating the treated areas. Avoid all of these practices.
- With a laser, your skin becomes hair free. It makes you prone to dryness. To lubricate your skin with hydration, use a non-comedogenic mild moisturizer. Typically, moisturizers clog pores. Opposite it, these non-comedogenic moisturizers keep your pores clear and also encourage healing.
- This treatment requires 4 or 5 sessions, at least. In the meantime, you may shave your hair. It’s absolutely ok. But plucking, waxing, and threading should be avoided because these beauty hacks remove hair from roots or follicles. Laser treatment requires these follicles to be permanently removed. So, never pull out your hair.
- Exfoliation can make your skin better. You may go ahead with it twice or thrice a day. Using a washcloth and scrub can be beneficial. It can hamper the possibility of ingrown hair. Once exfoliation & scrubbing are over, wipe out the treated area in a circular motion. This wiping will remove dead cells and prepare your skin for the next laser treatment.
- People are fond of retinoids these days. But, they can harm your skin. So, avoid them up to a week after this hair reduction laser procedure. You may pamper your skin with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer to feel softer and smoother. Remember, this procedure can increase sensitivity during healing. At this time, over-the-counter products can make your contour worse.
- You may have chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser resurfacing, or dermal fillers, but NOT between this hair removal treatment. They can damage your crust or outer layer. Besides, never use perfumes or deodorants for at least 2-3 days right after the treatment. The chemicals in them can irritate the skin. If you’re using soaps and shaving gels, hydrate your skin immediately.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
Yes, it’s permanent. However, just a session can never promise you to get rid of unwanted hair permanently. Have the patience to see its full effect.
This is all because of the hair growth cycle. Hair follicles grow in separate cycles. Patchy re-growth can help you to witness this fact. Multiple sessions get better and desirable results. These sessions may count between 3 and 8 to experience permanent hair removal.
Upon that, it’s good to go for follow-ups and maintenance sessions. The certified doctor always recommends it.
Laser hair removal and reduction treatment bring permanent results. Patients should follow what to do and not to do after this procedure. They should avoid sunbath, hot bath, being in the sun without sunscreen, perfumes & deodorants. Apply non-comedogenic moisturizers for clear skin texture and avoid retinoids.